What is Twitter?
TWTR – Twitter is a Social Media platform that originated in 2006. This platform is unique in that it allows you short sentences to share your thoughts combined with hashtag in a live feed environment. This is primarily a Social Media platform that allows 140 character micro-blogging bursts. So it’s like combining the best of Instagram with the best of Facebook feeds.
Twitter (TWTR) Do’s
- DO find followers, by creating authentic posts and seeing people of like-minded interests.
- DO use hashtags. The hashtag (#) symbol helps you get your tweet seen by others with common interests. This impressive little mark allows you the opportunity to tag topics, essential events or keywords in your tweet (update).
- DO use trends to your advantage, especially if you are using Twitter for sales or gaining followers for your small business. You want to make sure you stay up to date on what is tending and when.
- DO Mention someone of interest. Using the @ symbol in front of a name or follower tags that particular person/business in your tweet giving you the opportunity to tag them. Mentioning someone can be advantageous but don’t over use it or annoy your followers either.
- DO retweet other twitter users thoughts, accounts, or perceptions to your followers. Retweeting will look like your tweets but will give credit to the original author and can make you look more credible.
- DO like other twitter posts you enjoyed reading. Liking tweets from others allows you to let them know you liked their tweet or thought, etc.
- DO download the mobile app for your phone. Utilizing the Mobile app will allow you to tweet more often and as things happen.
- DO get comfortable. Remember that like most social platforms, the more you use it the more you will utilize all of it’s features and be comfortable with it.
TWTR – Twitter DO NOT’s
- DO NOT go over 140 characters of text. I mean the platform won’t let you anyway, but you should be aware of this limitation right off the bat.
- DO NOT use trends blindly. Make sure you search for popular hashtag before blindly applying them. Sometimes things mean something other than what they first appear to suggest. Make sure you want that associated with you.
- DO NOT randomly start adding everyone in the twitter world to your account. Remember you want people to follow you who you want to be friends with or engage with. So whether this is your personal account or a business account, be selective about who you want to see.
Hopefully, you found this quick guide on Twitter useful. Now get out there are share all your secrets with your Twitter followers!