Whether you are traveling on an airplane or making a road trip this summer; I’m sure you want to make your journey smooth. If you would like to find ways to get flights for free or find ways to earn more reward points to take advantage of travel deals make sure you check out our previous articles.
Here are some of the very best travel hacks to help your vacation be more enjoyable!
Travel Hacks for Flights
- If you type into Google any flight number. You can see exactly where the flight is at any given time.
- Use your browsers private or incognito mode to purchase tickets.
- Need to know the airport wifi? There is a Google Map that will show you a whole lot of airports and their wifi passwords: www.KinneyChaos.com/airportwifi
- Bring an empty water bottle. This allows you to fill it without paying for a water bottle at the super high airport prices.
- Need to get through Security fast? If you are in an area with multiple lanes, try to use the path all the way to the left. Most people are right-handed and tend to move towards the right naturally.
- Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase to keep it smelling fresh.
- Put rolled up socks inside shoes to help them keep their shape.
- Snap a quick picture of that luggage before you send it to your destination. That way you know what your luggage looks like in the event it gets lost, and it can help you speed up your paperwork.
- Need Directions? Skip the gas station and find a pizza delivery place. They know their way around town better than a gas station attendant will.
- Need a quick travel cup? Use Press’n Seal over the top of your cup and pop a straw through it.
- Fill up with Gas in the mornings as often as you can. Gas contracts and it’s at the smallest point in the colder morning temps. This gives you the best road trip gas value.
- If you stop somewhere turn your steering wheel 180 degrees before parking in the sun. This way you won’t burn your hands when you start driving again.
- When you have to take a taxi, put the destination into your phone map so you can ensure the taxi driver doesn’t scam you.
Have other travel hacks? We would love to hear about them! Just leave us a comment and please share so others can enjoy our tips too!