We get asked all the time what is the cheapest time to fly? Now if you aren’t really into travel hacking and points redemption, it’s going to depend on if you are putting a cost on your convenience factor. Are you genuinely looking for the cheapest flight, therefore, the cheapest time to fly?
So… What is the Cheapest Time to Fly?
- I prefer to start my trip as soon as possible.
- Airlines are less likely to delay morning flights.
- On my flights to Las Vegas and Cancun, they plane usually does not sell. Being on a plane that doesn’t sell out, allows for extra room with empty seats next to you.
- All Major airlines will give you an option for being bumped off a delayed flight, You will be asked to take a later trip and it will cost you more time in the airport. However it might be well worth your trouble. I have received vouchers for several hundred dollars in credits towards future flights for being delayed a couple of hours.
- The main reason I prefer the early flights is traffic. I hate traffic! I would prefer to deal with traffic at 9 pm if doing a park and fly or driving at 3 am in the morning than sitting in Chicago during rush hour.
Red Eye Flights
Other Travel Tips: