Team motivation applies to everyone. Everyone is on or leads a team of some sort. You may be a team leader of your family, your friends, your town board or lead a group at a corporate job. No matter what having a confident team and team motivation determine how successful you are on a daily basis.
5 Keys to Team Motivation Success
- Lead from the front – Don’t ask your team members to do things you wouldn’t do. If you aren’t putting your best foot forward your team and those around you will know it. Your team will feel like you don’t care and that is precisely the opposite of what you want.
- There is POWER in staying POSTIVE. Negativity has no place in a team setting so keeping a positive mindset is critical. Find ways to encourage, work through issues and put positivity at the forefront of all the things you do.
- Have a single mission. Everyone on the team needs to understand the big picture. What are you trying to accomplish? Having a purpose no matter what type of organization can mean the difference between success and failure, your mission can and should change over time. Whether your mission is to make it through the day with no boo-boos or to redesign the corporate logo you need to know what you are trying to accomplish.
- Don’t spend time concentrating on things you can’t control. You can only control your reaction, your influences, and your attitudes. Don’t waste time trying to convince others you are right or your way is best. Merely lead the way, and they will get onboard with your vision or they will not. Exuding to much energy into something you can’t control is exhausting and won’t change the outcome anyway.
- Gratitude! Showing others they matter means so much to them. It is your job as the leader to help your team stay positive and showing them they matter to you and each other. Team members who feel like they matter are more likely to want to stay engaged and part of the team. Help them see the vision, recognize their accomplishments (even if small) and encourage them to understand and accept others.
Team Motivation Quotes
- Your energy is contagious. Either you affect people or you infect them.
- Replace “I can’t” with “How can I?”
- If you love someone, do not let them settle for less than their best.
- When “We” comes before “Me,” you become the person and TEAM you are meant to be.
- One person can’t make the team, but one person can break a team.
- Dream big, sparkle more, shine brightly.
- A little progress each day leads to big results.
- Excellence is not a skill; it’s an attitude
- Believe in yourself
- Be brave enough to believe in yourself.
Looking to set some team goals? Check out our free ebook: Kinney Chaos