Just so you know, We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We have a full affiliate disclosure that you can find under here.
We have been moving throughout the last couple of weeks. During this time it has become very obvious to me how very important it is to practice self-care. Often times our mindset is really determined by our emotional state. You can’t be in a good frame of mind if you aren’t taking care of yourself.
I see so many people who struggle daily to deal with the stress live throws at them and I was asked this week by a great friend “How do you keep so calm with so much going on?” Well, I will tell you… I make sure I schedule self-care. So even if I know that life is crazy, hectic, stressful I am guaranteed time to myself to do something I love.
Feel free to share this image on Pinterest for easy reference in the future!
What is self-care?
Self Care is clearly something we often neglect, overlook or just, in general, make excuses not to do. STOP neglecting yourself! You are doing no one any favors! Self Care is essentially scheduled time and attention that you are devoting to taking care of your own well being.
Ideas for Self Care
- Bubble Baths!
- Listen to a series of songs
- List out 10 things you are grateful for and explain why
- Play with your pet or go visit a shelter
- Watch the clouds or stargaze
- Turn off all screens for a set amount of time
- Write out 10 positive quotes
- Take a NAP
- Stay in your PJ’s and watch your favorite movies all day
- Go get your hair and nails done
- Get all dressed up just because!
- Visit a Museum
- Go to the library and participate in an activity
- Find a new podcast
- Create your bucket list
- Go for a relaxing drive
- Call someone just to chat
- Watch a new TV series on Netflix
- Play a new computer game
- Try a new flavor coffee or Tea
- Schedule a massage
- Visit your local coffee shop
- Find a new recipe and try it!
- Play in the rain
- Make funny faces
- Buy yourself flowers
There are many other things to consider, but I hope you found this list helpful! Let me know what things you do for self-care by leaving me a message or commenting!
Leave a Reply