Rapid Rewards Shopping
Southwest’s reward program is called Rapid Rewards. One of our favorite airlines is Southwest, so it’s not shocking that one of our favorite shopping portals is their Rapid Rewards Shopping portal. One disadvantage of this program is that Southwest doesn’t have any airline partners, so you do have to redeem the points you earn with them.
To get started with this program, visit the Rapid Rewards Shopping portal and Sign up for a new account.
How Can I earn Points?
There are several ways that you can earn points, but how quickly you earn them depends mostly on your shopping habits. There are are many ways to earn points you should refer to the Rapids Rewards website for all the details. However, Here are a few of our favorites:
- Ultimate Rewards Credit Card – This is a Chase credit card and the only bank partner of Southwest. Pro Tip: Earning points through the Ultimate Rewards program and then transferring them to Southwest. Earning Points through Ultimate Rewards gives you lots of options for points redemption, and you can still use them for Southwest as needed.
- For everyday online spending use the Rapid Rewards Shopping portal. This is a great option to earn points when you are making purchases online anyway.
- Hotel Rentals – Rapid Rewards currently has eight partner hotels where you can earn points by booking with them. Among our favorites are Hyatt and Mlife due to the numerous trips Jason takes out there each year.
- View and make sure you take advantage of any promotions that Southwest is currently offering. They have an entire section of their website devoted just to their current promotional content.
Extra Benefits we love:
- No Blackout dates for flights
- Your points don’t expire as long as you have activity at least once every 18 months
We hope you have learned a little something extra about the Southwest Rapid Rewards program. Please let us know what else you would like to know about by contacting us!