Just so you know, We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We have a full affiliate disclosure that you can find under here.
Have you ever had a moment of clarity? Something that happens that reveals something to your very soul that you knew and yet could never find a way to articulate? I had one of those moments this week. You see, this past week I’ve spent a ton of time talking to people both in person and on conference calls. During one of these conference calls, I had an epiphany. Now keep in mind this was at about 1 Am after not getting any real sleep for a couple of days straight. So I wasn’t sure at first if I was delirious or if I indeed had found one of those clarifying moments.
Moment of Clarity
So during this call, I was surfing the local news and came across an article about addiction. The article itself was nothing earth-shattering, but I realized something important. We have a horrible addiction running rampant through our lives. So what is this addiction? This atrocious habit is the need to tell and talk to anyone who will listen; all about our problems. It’s like we are drawn to the negative things all around us. The positives in the day seem to be too hard to find.
So how do we get past this horrible condition? We start to focus on the positives all around us. I know some of you reading are probably thinking I have nothing positive in my life. That is such a horrible thing to say to yourself. Find something, anything that makes getting up each day bearable.
If you literally can not think of a single thing, then you need to seek medical attention. For those of you at that point in your life, please seek out the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
Benefits of Positive Thinking
Why thing positive? Positivity has so many benefits, such as helping you to be kinder. In my opinion, the most significant advantage is that you will find yourself happier and more productive. Having a positive mindset can cascade into benefits at home, work, relationships, and in seeing and appreciating your self worth. Positivity will allow you to have greater resiliency when things change and help you achieve success. I believe this is why Vision boards are so powerful.
How to Break the Habit
- The first Key to breaking a bad habit is going through some Self Reflection on what is causing the habit.
- Next decide that you are no longer going to let your had habit get in the way, and convince yourself that you want to change. I can’t change this for you; you MUST decide this for yourself.
- Set some goals. If you haven’t yet grabbed my FREE ebook: Beyond Chaos – A guide to setting goals you can stick to! Right now would be a great time to do that.
- Make sure you stay on track. Something that can help with this is using a Daily Reflection sheet to keep track of what is going on and making sure you recognize if you don’t see the positivity all around you.
- Tell someone what you are doing even if that means you contact me. It’s important that someone knows and helps to hold you accountable.
Having a positive attitude doesn’t automatically guarantee that you will find success. Additionally, nothing provides instant success, you have to work towards it. However, having a negative attitude, focusing on all the problems, and concentrating effort into negativity almost always guarantees failure.
Leave a Reply