The Konmari cleaning method is explained in detail in our post titled Marie Kondo Cleaning Tips. Start with that post, so you don’t skip any steps. In this article, we are discussing the second step of the Marie Kondo cleaning method by talking about books.
There are five steps in the KonMari cleaning method
How to start dealing with books
The first step of the Marie Kondo books category is to take all of your books and put them into a big pile. Next, you will take every book into your hands and see if it sparks joy for you. With books, you also want to ask yourself if having that book will be beneficial for your life going forward.
- Will you use the book again?
- Are you going to Reference the book in the future?
- In the future will you reread the book?
Books should give you some sort of emotional reaction. If they don’t then you should show gratitude towards them and let them go.
Other Marie Kondo Books tips
- You should try to limit your book collection to 20-30 books at any given time.
- If books have been stored for a long time you need to wake them up.
- Don’t confuse joy with guilt for letting something go.