Everyone wants to save money and many of us strive for a frugal living! I don’t know a single person who has so much money they don’t enjoy a good deal. (Now I’m sure these people exist, I just don’t know any.)
Frugal Living Tips
Household / Vehicle Tips
- Watch less TV – This will help you be subjected to less ads, and you can cut down on subscription costs too!
- Clean out closets and sell things you are no longer using! Check out our Spring Cleaning : A 20 Day Cleaning Challenge
- Turn off your lights and if you can’t turn them off make sure you are using LED’s. Check out 5 useful ways to save money on utilities
- Keep your tires inflated. For every 2 PSI of air pressure your tires are under the recommended level costs you about 1% on your gas mileague.
- Use Surge Protectors – Not only will this help so they don’t get blown up in a storm, but you can easily turn them off to help save on electrical bills.
- Make Gifts this holiday season! There are plenty of gift ideas on Pinterest just waiting for you!
- Only purchase holiday decorations after the holiday is past. Getting them when they are on sale for 70-90% off only makes sense.
Groceries / Food Tips
- Don’t go grocery shopping without a list!
- Plan your grocery shopping based on local store sales.
- Pack food for road trips. Just because you have to travel doesn’t mean you have to eat at fast food restaurants.
- Compare grocery store prices so you always get the best deal.
- Try generic brands. Many of the things you love are perfectly awesome in generic form.
- Drink more water!
- Pack your lunches for work.
- Use a budget
- WASH your hands. This helps keep the medical bills low and the sickies away!
- Restrict online shopping
- Set Goals or use a Vision Board – This helps you realize what you are working for!
Other / Misc Frugal Living Tips
- Sign UP for Rewards Programs – these can help you save money on purchass you are already planning on making. Check out Rapid Rewards Shopping tips.
- Wait 30 Days – to make any purchase over $50. You may not need that purchase as much as you thought if you have to wait for it.
- Use library borrowing services. You can watch money movies and read books through your library share programs.
- Quit using credit cards if you can’t pay them off every month.
- Cancel unused memberships. If you aren’t using that gym membership, stop paying for it.
- Buy used. There are lots of perfectly good used items at consignment shops just waiting for you!
- Ask for fees to be waived. This won’t always work but it doesn’t hurt you anything to ask. This includes when signing up for services.
Hopefully you have enjoyed our tips on how you can live a more frugal life!