Are you seeking an exciting, free activity that won’t break the bank? Look no further than Millennium Park in Chicago! One of the most popular tourist destinations in Chicago, this incredible park is a great spot to escape from your hectic everyday routine and have fun. With over 25 acres of public gardens, art installations, sculptures, and performance venues—it’s possible to find something for everyone at Millennium Park.
What is there to do in Millennium Park?
There are almost too many activities to mention going on at this location. It’s no surprise to those that have visited why it’s the 2nd most visited tourist attraction in Chicago. Filled with events and activities, there is always something fun to see and do. With that said, there are always a few MUST-see activities.
- First up is the “Bean,” which isn’t a bean. Cloud gate is inspired by liquid mercury and is regularly power washed to keep its shine.
- Second, on my list is the Crown Fountain. This fountain features the faces of the people of Chicago and is a great place to cool off the kids.
- Third, up is Lurie Garden. Now in full disclosure, I love botanical gardens and places you can leisurely walk through pretty flowers.
- My Fourth MUST-do activity is checking out any free entertainment from the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. I’ve seen some cool concerts featuring seats and lawn sitting areas. It’s fun to hear bands, concerts, or plays being performed.
So how much does all this cost?
I’m happy to report the park is FREE! Millenium park is open from 6 am to 11 pm daily. The welcome center is open from 9 am to 5 pm. The park sometimes has to close unexpectedly, so it’s always a good idea to check them on Social Media before heading out.
So how do you get there?
Millennium Park is located in the Loop neighborhood of Chicago and is an easy walk from public transportation. If you are driving there are a number of parking lots and garages within easy walking distance. However, if you are staying downtown your best bet is to walk. Refer to your local map to find your fastest option.
The park can be found in the northwest corner of Chicago’s Grant Park. The address is 201 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60602.
What else can you do in Chicago?
- Miller’s Pub – A Restaurant Dinning Experience in Chicago
- Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago
- The Angry Octopus – A Pleasant Surprise
There is a LOT to do when visiting Millennium Park, and it is the perfect place to spend a day if you’re looking for free, exciting activities. Check out their events calendar if you want to visit something in particular, but things are always going on. With so much to see and do, this incredible park has something for everyone.
If you’re ready to escape your daily routine and explore everything that Millennium Park has to offer, check out Expedia and the great deals you can get! Book your trip today!